Larson and Smith Encourage Public Input on Financial Services Tax Law
- Created on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 05:00
(Washington) - Congressman John B. Larson and Congressman Adrian Smith (R-NE) are encouraging members of the public, organizations, researchers and other stakeholders to submit comments, information, facts, and data relevant to the review of the current tax code being conducted by the House Committee on Ways and Means. Larson and Smith are leading the bipartisan Ways and Means Tax Reform Working Group on Financial Services.
"Creating a clear avenue of communication between constituents, stakeholders and these working groups is a critical step in reforming our tax code," said Congressman Larson. "The information collected from these submissions will be extremely helpful in our work to review current financial services tax law."
"Public comments will ensure we have the best information possible as we continue to review the current tax code and work toward comprehensive reform," said Smith. "I hope individuals and groups will take advantage of this opportunity to engage with the working groups, and participate in this open approach to tax reform."
Public comments will be accepted through Monday, April 15, 2013, and will be published on the Ways and Means Committee's website and included in the final Joint Committee on Taxation report, which will be delivered to the Committee on Ways and Means.
The process for submitting comments is below:
- In the subject line of the email, please indicate "Comments: (name of) Tax Reform Working Group" (note: be sure to specify the name of the working group in the subject line - e.g., Energy Tax Reform Working Group)
- Attach your submission as a Word document
- In addition to the Word document attachment, please include in the body of the email a contact name, physical address, phone number and email address
- For questions, or if you encounter technical problems, please call (202) 225-3625 or (202) 225-1721